Hello lovelies! I’m coming to you with my current favourite face-mask: turmeric powder with some plain yogurt. I love this mask because it is easy to put together and the results are visible in under a month! I love to use this mask twice a week, on the weekends. What led me to this specific mask was my vampire-looking dark circles and acne scars. One of the highlights of using this mask is that it helps greatly in reducing those dark circles and dark spots, while leaving your skin irresistibly smooth.
Turmeric is a common household item in many South-east Asian homes because of the plethora of uses and benefits. On skin the benefits include:
- Anti-aging (prevents wrinkles)
- Lightens dark spots and blemishes
- Cures acne
What you will need:
- 1-2 Teaspoons of Turmeric powder
- 1 Teaspoon of plain yogurt
- Old foundation brush
- Container or mug
- Few drops of water
Applying the face-mask:
- Mix your ingredients in a little container or mug until the consistency is that of a creamy paste. With your foundation brush, gently apply the facemask on your face covering all the major areas.
- If you are a vampire like me, apply a little extra on those dark circles.
- Let the mask sit for a minimum of 10 minutes, and maximum of 25 minutes! Warning: it does stain!
- Additional tip: don’t be a dunce and wear a black hoodie like I did, be sure to wear clothes you are comfortable staining if it happens!
After about a week, I definitely felt like my skin was brighter/glowing. After three weeks of using it twice a week, I noticed that my skin was a lot more supple, and that my dark circles and dark spots were starting to slowly fade (and everyone say: hallelujah!). All in all, I love this mask because it is inexpensive to make, natural, and the results are visibly evident. Happy Face-masking!