Hello Lovelies! Behold My Skin-care routine in Quarantine! I use products that are mostly for sensitive/combination skin. This is the time to really hone in on what products work. This is also the perfect time to research what else you can implement to keep that beautiful canvas (you call your face!), glowing and healthy.
I cleanse my face with African Black Soap by Shea Moisture; I absolutely recommend it if you want something natural (and not harsh) as a cleanser. It leaves my face a little dry, but it keeps new breakouts from happening 80% of the time.
I then proceed to tone my face with Thayers Toner (cucumber) to keep my skin tone even and refreshed. It also smooths blemishes and dark spots. I love that it also gets rid of extra makeup that the make-up wipe doesn’t necessarily catch.
The eyes are the window to the soul! They are also a peek at how old or tired you may look! I’ve had dark circles/puffiness since I can remember, so my eyes have been a slight insecurity of mine. I love using Alba Botanica’s eye gel which de-puffs and refreshes my eyes. On the topic of eyes, I also use L’oréal’s Revitalift eye cream which has one pump for the under eye and one pump side for your eye-lid! Since I’m over 25, I have intentionally started to use anti-wrinkle products as a preventative measure (Crows feet? WHO is she?)
Next up are the moisturizers! I use Aveeno ultra calming face moisturizer (with SPF 30!), and Egyptian magic all purpose cream. The Aveeno cream with leave that typical “sunblock” white cream look so rub it in good! I absolutely adore Egyptian magic cream a) it has ALL natural ingredients, b) it leaves you with a youthful glow! It’s pricey but well worth it. A little goes a long way with this one!
Skin-care also includes living a healthy lifestyle and implementing additional practices that will have your skin thanking you!
- Massages: Check YouTube for facial massages to get that blood circulating to your face!
- Face-Masks: these are a no-brainer! There are so many out there for your specific skin needs. I currently use a peel off charcoal mask by Garnier to take care of gunky pores.
- Hydrate! Drink plenty of water. Use a water calculator to determine how much you should be drinking a day.
- Supplements and Powders: Try looking into supplements that aid your skin elasticity such as Collagen, Turmeric, etc. I currently use Ancient Nutrition Keto Collagen chocolate powder (pictured above) in my smoothies and yogurt.
- Stress free living! Try not to dwell on negative thoughts or aspects of your life. Take time to get enough rest and relaxation in. A Healthy and positive mind does wonders for your skin ♥