I was supposed to post this on my actual birthday (September 17), but got caught up with LIFE.
My mom was right. After you turn 20, the years zoom by like its nothing. I feel like I just turned 23. My gift to you is the 25 things I learned in my 25 years of living.
Let me know if any of these mini life lessons, resonate with you in the comments!
25 things I learned at 25
- Water is your body’s best friend. Drink Plenty of it.
- That your parents, guardians, support system love you more than you know (and then some). Don’t forget to talk to them daily.
- Work with what you have in any situation. We all have a purpose, we are all here for a reason.
- Believe in something bigger than yourself whether it be God, the universe, etc. We can’t go through life thinking we have got it, all the time.
- Be kind to everyone. Even those who are not kind to you. You do not know what they are going through.
- It’s not about the quantity of friends, but the quality.
- If a guy likes you, you will know. He will do his utmost to be around you, contact you, see you. Don’t chase these unsure boys.
- Portion control, heavy weights, and apple cider vinegar for weight loss.
- Wake up earlier. Seize the day!
- Understand your negative emotions, learn from them and let them go. You are having a bad season, not a bad life.
- Your mental and physical health is a priority. Implement a self-care routine.
- Have a little mystery and intrigue to you. Don’t show all of your cards at once. Don’t post every little thing that happens to you.
- Work on your craft, your dreams, almost everyday.
- Keep an open mind even if you disagree with something.
- It’s not what happens to you, but how you REACT to it.
- Always look the part. If you look your best, you will naturally feel your best.
- Have a signature scent.
- Practice gratitude everyday, even for the smallest of things.
- Never limit yourself! Always stay eager to learn or improve something in your life.
- Not everyone is meant to be in your life. It’s ok to let go or be let go of.
- Stop caring so much what people think of you. You won’t be everyone’s cup of tea. Be Yourself!
- Don’t complain so much. Try to make little improvements to your life if you are not happy with your current state.
- Ask, act as if you have it, believe and receive.
- Surround yourself with people who lift you up, respect you, support you and make you laugh real hard.
- It’s never too late to start something. 25 is a scary age, it seems like you must have everything together by then, but everyone has their time.